Letting Terms and Conditions:
In order to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding between us and our guests we ask that you read through the following information regarding the letting of our apartments in Zell am See and return a signed copy to us with your deposit/balance cheque.
1. Security. The security of the main building and anything you may leave in it relies on the integrity of those using it. In the ski season, in most apartments equipment can be left in the basement area and we have never known of anything going missing and it is a very safe and friendly place. However please remember to close the main doors when you leave the building and to lock the apartment. We cannot be held responsible for the security of any of your belongings, either in the apartment or in the apartment building. Please make sure your valuables are insured.
2. Damage. Whilst we expect reasonable wear and tear, any excess damage caused to the apartment or its furnishings etc. will be charged to you, if possible please replace any small items, china, glasses etc..
3. Good housekeeping! Please ensure taps, hob, oven, lights and heaters etc are turned off when you are absent and be considerate to your neighbours. Should you encounter any domestic problems related to the building or the apartment you should contact the person sited in the apartment information pack.
4. Checking in and out. You cannot check in any earlier than 2pm and you must check out no later than 10am to allow time for our housekeepers to clean your apartment.On the odd occasion it may be possible to vary this but this is only possible if there is no one in the day you arrive or leave, you must check with us 48 hours before you arrive. There is normally very little time between lets and we ask that you leave the apartment/s reasonably clean and tidy, cleaning materials and equipment are supplied. We reserve the right to bill you should the housekeeper be required to do excessive cleaning or should you not vacate the apartment at the arranged time. There is a left baggage facility at the railway station and showers etc at the swimming pool complex should you arrive early or have a late flight home.
5. Keys. You are responsible for the safekeeping of keys and will be charged the full replacement cost should you lose them. They must be returned to the agreed place before 10:15am on the day of departure.
6. Equipment storage. It is a house rule that no skis or boards are to be brought into the apartments or brought upstairs, either leave them at the Ski hire shop, where they will be well cared for, in a ski locker at the lift station or on the ground floor or ski rooms provided. On no account are skis and boots to be worn inside the apartments as this damages the floor and is antisocial to those living underneath!
7. Code of behaviour. Zell am See is not just a holiday resort, it's a town where people live all year round and many of the apartments are in residential chalets and buildings. We therefore ask that you are considerate to your neighbours and keep the noise down, particularly at night and when coming home in the early hours. We have had one incident where a local resident called in the Police as she had had no sleep for nearly a week....... the consequences weren't pleasant!
8. Payment of deposit and cancellation policy. A non-refundable deposit of £120/155 euros per week is required to reserve 1 bedroom apartments and £175/225 Euros for 2 bedroom apartments. Should you wish to cancel your booking, you will be liable to pay the following charges: Cancellation 6 or more weeks prior to departure = deposit only. Less than 4-6 weeks 50%. Less than 4 weeks 100%. However as we wish to be fair, if we subsequently re-let the property we will refund the full amount less the deposit paid. Also in cases where cancellation is made earlier than 6 weeks prior, we will also refund up to 50% of the deposit if we re let the property without additional expense. Cancellations must be made in writing or by email but in both cases you will need proof of receipt and acknowledgement by us.
9. Tourist Tax. All adult guests staying in Zell am See are required to pay a 1.3 euro (£1) per person(over 16) per night tourist tax. We must collect this with your balance. By paying the tax you get a tourist card which qualifies you for tourist discounts.
10. Balance of rental is due at least 6 weeks prior to departure.
11. All Rental prices are inclusive of heating and water etc but please add final cleaning fees of £50/60 euros for Brucker, Brucker 2, Central and Bergstrasse 24 apartments, £60/72 euros for Schulstrasse and Bergstrasse 26 apartments, £70/85 euros for Bergstrasse 9, Brucker Lake and Bergstrasse 3, and £75/90 euros for Haus Mozard apartment, to the basic rental, plus a linen hire fee of £6.50/8 euros per person per week. Local tourist taxes of 1.20 euros per adult per night are also payable.
12. Our pledge to you and the legal stuff: Once you have paid the deposit we guarantee to hold the apartment you have booked for you. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel your reservation we will endeavour to find you equivalent accommodation. Once the deposit is paid and the price fixed there will be no surcharges levied. The remainder of the rental cost is due 6 weeks prior to departure and we do reserve the right to cancel your booking should this not be paid on time.
13. We have endeavoured to give you an accurate and honest description of the apartments, their location and facilities, and advise you on suitability if requested, but the final choice is up to you. The most up to date and accurate description of each property is provided on our own sunandskizellamsee website. We cannot be held responsible for inacuracies on other websites and portals that also feature our properties. We therefore always refer you to our website for more details before you book with us and it is your responsibility to check their suitability to your needs. We cannot therefore be held liable for the decisions you make.
14. Where TSL Associates act as agents for the owners, our liability is restricted to the booking management and associated client rental services. We are not in any way responsible for the safety compliance of the rental property which is the sole responsibility of the owner. Whilst it is the responsibility of the owners to ensure their property meets local health and safety requirements, the owners cannot be held responsible for any damage or injury caused by your own negligent actions or any actions taken whilst under the influence or alcohol or drugs and you are expected to take all reasonable care for your own and the safety of others when in the rental property.
15. Finally... We have been operating in Zell am See for 5 years now and have 100s of satisfied clients many of whom come back to us year after year. Should you have any concerns over the security of your money or our integrity we will be happy to supply you with references or past clients to contact.